If you do nothing during your visit but browse the Web site or download information, our operating system will automatically record the following information:
- The domain for your Internet service, such as “xcompany.com” if you use a private Internet service, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from a college or university domain.
- The type of browser you are using, such as “Netscape version X” or “Internet Explorer version X.”
- The type of operating system you use, such as Macintosh, Unix or Windows.
- The date and time you visit and the Web pages that you visit.
- The address of the previous site, when you link to us from another site.
This tracking system does NOT record information about individuals. We use this information to monitor traffic on our site and to help us improve the site.
If you send us e-mail, the message will usually contain your return address. If you include personal information in your e-mail, we may use that information in responding to your request. Send only the information that is necessary for us to answer your question or process your request.
Some of our Web pages include interactive forms that let you submit personal information. Examples include our form for updating your email address and information about your child to aid our teachers. Information that you submit through such forms is used only for the specific purpose for which it is intended.